About Me

My photo
Author of 4 books, including an Amazon bestseller in Horse Care, and 2 DVDs, Chartered Physiotherapist, Equine Behaviourist and BHS Accredited Professional BHSAI, Sue is passionate about helping owners to unlock their horse's potential.

Thursday 3 September 2015

Featuring in Horse and Hound magazine (unintentionally)!

Recently a friend shared a Facebook post with me that was promoting a horse behaviour website (I can't remember which one, and the post has been taken down now), and I recognised the picture as being one of myself working with a problem horse for an article for Horse magazine several years ago!  The website that was being promoted was not in any way linked to Horse magazine, and when my photographer husband Simon contacted the lady she said that she had found the picture on the internet and since that meant it was freely available, she had thought she could use it.  I don't understand the ins and outs of the laws on this, but Simon does (he has to, to survive in his business!), and after he explained it to her she took the post down.  Eventually Simon found where the picture had come from - an online Horse and Hound article from 2010! Horse and Hound are entitled to the picture because they are a sister magazine of Horse magazine, who the pictures from the article belong to (even though it's Simon who took the pictures and me who features in them).  Anyway, I thought I'd share the picture and article with you, because it makes me feel kind of famous to be able to say I've featured in Horse and Hound!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.